Insight seeks a compassionate and strong Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor at our center located in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors are responsible for gathering data, documenting problems, and establishing a course of treatment. You will provide direct addiction and mental health treatment services to patients and family members in our Substance Abuse Comprehensive Outpatient Treatment program.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties that are assigned:
- Complete treatment plans, progress notes and other necessary paperwork associated with managing a caseload of up to 10
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling using Evidence Based Practices.
- Assist patients with defining and achieving realistic goals.
- Conduct monthly urinalysis screenings.
- Provide crisis interventions as needed.
- Coordinate with outside agencies such as doctors offices, shelters and hospitals
- Assist in peer-to-peer record audits.
- Ensure patient confidentiality.
- Provide supportive counseling in conjunction with Medical and Nursing Services.
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment and treatment planning process through participation in daily reports, case reviews, and treatment team meetings.
The most qualified candidates will possess the following:
- High school diploma, bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Must be registered with the North Carolina Substance Abuse Professional Certification board – applicants who are not registered will not be considered for employment. Applicants holding associate status will not be considered. CADC licensure required.
- Experience treating opiate-addicted patients is not a requirement but is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Interested applicants should email HR@Insightnc.org including the job title in the subject line, a resume, and cover letter.
665 West Fourth Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101